Our Response to COVID-19
Guidelines Before Reserving A Spot For In-Person Services
Good Shepherd Vancouver is joyfully resuming our in-person worship gatherings! Because of the government mandated 50 person limit, please use this reservation system to secure your seats(s) for each service, so we can pray, sing, and worship safely together. Please read carefully the following safety procedures below. If you are unable to follow or meet these guidelines, please stay home and participate in our worship through the livestream. Our livestream services will continue for the foreseeable future to accommodate those who remain at home. The situation is fluid and changing, so please note these are subject to change.
Health and Safety Guidelines
- If you are sick or have been in recent contact with anyone with COVID-19 please stay home and self-isolate. It is not safe for you to attend our in-person services.
- If you have travelled internationally, you are required upon return to British Columbia to self-isolate for 14 days.
- Before, during, and after the service you must observe six feet physical spacing, which includes no handshakes or physical touch
- Church ushers will guide gradual entry and exit from the building, and you will be assigned a seat by the church
- Those of the same household can sit together and do not need to observe the physical distancing.
- In keeping with government guidelines, children under the age of 13 must remain with their parents during the entire worship services (no nursery)
- Hand sanitizer will be provided upon entrance to the church
- Face coverings (masks) are required at all times (including singing). If you do not have a mask, the church will provide one upon arrival
- To avoid unnecessary touch, all liturgy, lyrics, and scriptures will be displayed on the screen. Please bring your own Bible, pen, or notes that you wish to use
- Tithing: The tithing basket will not be passed around. Parishioners are encouraged to prepare their offering envelope before coming to church. Then they may place it into an offering box as they enter the church, or during the offering hymn
- Holy Communion: Communion will be adapted to increase safety
Building Safety Measures
- We will provide signs and directions to keep our physical distance
- Washrooms are available with toilet seat covers provided
- Basement is closed except access to washrooms
- Surfaces will be cleaned between services
- Please no lingering/socializing in the church, entrances/exits, or parking lot