Position Available: Youth Pastor
The Anglican Network Church of the Good Shepherd is currently seeking a Youth Pastor/Clergy for the Cantonese-speaking congregation to join their pastoral team. A parish of the Anglican Network in Canada, Good Shepherd serves the Greater Vancouver area, particularly members of the Chinese community. We currently have an English-speaking congregation of 60 and a Chinese congregation of 200 in average Sunday attendance, with 20-30 children.
The Anglican Network Church of the Good Shepherd is currently seeking a Youth Pastor/Clergy. Must be fluent in Cantonese; English and Mandarin are an asset. Must have an evangelical faith and solid bible learning. Must have a passion to outreach the current Chinese immigrant flow and an understanding of Chinese Canadians in the North American context. Must have experience in outreaching, nurturing and teaching, with a willingness to work with Canadian-born and Canadian-raised Chinese. Is able to work in a cross-cultural environment. Is enthusiastic and a good team player and possesses good communication skills.
Contact: Rt. Rev. Stephen Leung/Vivien Tang (604) 872-1884; email: firstname.lastname@example.org
A. YOUTH MINISTRY:
- Initiate outreach ministry to young people to bring them into faith in Jesus Christ. Establish a platform for youth to hang out.
- Lead and mentor youths (students and young adults).
- Disciple youth leaders by nurturing their spiritual growth in order to prepare them as future leaders of the church, and facilitate their effort in the areas of outreach and evangelism.
- Work with other clergy and evangelist of the parish to coordinate all ministries in an evangelical Anglican context.
B. PARISH LIFE AND ADMINSTRATION: Duties include but not limited to:
- Participate in parish-level activities (including cooking ministry, summer conference, and other trilingual joint functions).
- Maintain a pastoral relationship with the Chinese and English congregations and fellowship groups.
C. OTHER RESPONSIBILITIES: To be agreed upon between the Rector and Youth Pastor/Clergy.